Another: We Can't Create Commercial Or Promotional

The Source

I have another we can't create commercial or promotional caches. Some people collect items like pens and pencils and stuff that have company logos on it.

Would it be against the rules to load a cache with a bunch of those items from some company and items can only be traded for other items with company names or logos or even drug company pens and note pads and stuff like that.

So I guess im really asking. If the purpose is to make a cache for collectors to get new items that they may collect is it ok to do this ?

J

No problem, there is a difference between asking for advertisements, giving away advertisement propoganda, and being an advertisement.

Groundspeak is not an advertising agency, nor a platform inwhich to promote a business, religion, or a specific philosophy.

So asking for non-specific advertisement items would not go against that concept - so no problem. If you asked for Snoopy shaped pencil sharpeners from Met-Life, then it would be a violation.

Hope that answers your question.

Edited by Moose Mob

I would have no problems listing a cache such as this. As Moose Mob said, if your page is explaining that the theme of the cache is promotional items, this is fine. Should it be about a company or local business, that would be against the guidelines. The cache page is for promoting the cache itself, not a place of business.

Once you get your submission setup, your reviewer can help you with any wording changes if necessary.

Sounds like a good one!