Current Progress?

Just wondering how the programming of features sets like creating new categories and managing them is going.

The site may need a major "relaunch" party of some sort once it's fully-operational (yes, I know it's 'beta' and it hasn't had a 'launch' yet...but today's world of beta is yesterday's world of 1.0). I know my interest has waned since there are different things that I want to list that don't have an appropriate category yet...and different categories I'd be interested in creating, but don't have a method yet.

Any word, bootron? Jeremy?

Just wondering how the programming of features sets like creating new categories and managing them is going.

The site may need a major "relaunch" party of some sort once it's fully-operational (yes, I know it's 'beta' and it hasn't had a 'launch' yet...but today's world of beta is yesterday's world of 1.0).  I know my interest has waned since there are different things that I want to list that don't have an appropriate category yet...and different categories I'd be interested in creating, but don't have a method yet.

Any word, bootron?  Jeremy?

I'm working on this as we speak. Pretty much category management is the key to the success of the site, but adding the group functionality with peer review is a large programming task. It's far along, but not quite there. I can't give you a specific time frame, but barring any major setbacks, it should be available within the next month or two.

Okay, don't worry. I had assumed things were not stagnant, of course. But it's good to hear on the progress. I imagine there will be any number of things that the first rollout for group management either won't or can't take into account.

Thanks for the update.

We think the group management functionality is so important that we haven't even announced the site to the wider geocaching audience. The forum participants are a much smaller proportion of the geocaching community so I expect many geocachers don't even know about it.

From what I've seen so far the group functionality is pretty rockin. I'd bug Bootron for screenshots but he's hard at work getting this done.

I wouldn't necessarily say that my interest has waned, but the small number of categories is kind of limiting. I've done most of the Waymarks of interest to me in my area, and a few on the road. It'll be nice when that opens up a bit.

The Group stuff sounds interesting and I'm curious to see what bootron et al. comes up with.

My interest in Waymarking has not wained, just my additions to the Waymarking Forums.

Only because I am waiting to see the next step in evolution for Waymarking.

Right now, and understandibly to me, there is a pause while the previously provide content is considered and implemented/dismissed.

So, I don't see any reason to repeat my hope and dreams for Waymarking. Bumping it up the topic list in the Forums doesn't help promote it.

I'd be lying if I didn't say that I wish I could have been involved in the process of implementation or developement, but I will support the site however it turns out.

Unless it become "abandoned-esque", but I think that Jeremy and the other eschelon will tweak this puppy like Geocaching was over the past 5 years.

:laughing: The Blue Quasar