Magellan Sportrak Warrior Pro Vs. Garmin Gpsmap60c

Never heard of the "Warrior Pro" but the Sportrak Pro is not in the class of a 60C. I can't imagine a reason why someone would get a Sportrak when they have a 60C.

An argument can be made for a MeriGold or MeriPlat, or an eXplorist vs. a 60C but the Sportrak, nah. In fact I know several geocachers who ditched their Sportrak in favor of a 60C or 60CS.

Anyway, moving this to the appropriate forum.

I have a Sportrak Pro and the 60c and the Sportrak does not lose reception like the 60c does. I have had them both side by side and under heavy tree cover and the Sportrak did a better job. I must add that I would not get rid of either one, because of the different features.

Just my two pennys worth.

Well we seem to be GPSr collectors, we have a Magellan Sportrak Map, Meridian Gold, Meridian Color and a Garmin GPSMAP 76 CS. I can tell you our experiences, the Magellans' perform very well under a tree canopy, they are rugged, easy to use and more than enough to find caches with, the Garmin just doesn't "see" satellites as well as the Magellans under tree cover.

The features of the Garmin are outstanding, Auto routing, daylight readable color, nice geocaching feature, electronic compass and barometer (nice to see how steep our ascent/decent was while caching in PA and WV!) The quality has been disappointing, failed compass and lockups. We are on our second GPSMAP 76CS, Garmin replaced the first unit at no charge, but the second day of use the battery connector tab snapped, we're sending it back for repair... the average time has been two weeks to get it back.

We have read numerous posts and spoke to many local cachers who have nothing but wonderful things to say about Garmin... we must just be unlucky. Either would be acceptable for just geocaching, but if you want to leverage your investment, get a unit that has plenty of memory to download maps and points of interest and does auto routing navigation.

Hope that helps!

A quick Google provides what appears to be a "Warrior Pack." A STPro with MapSend Worldwide and MapSend Topo.

I think, from what I've read only, is the ST would only get you extra sensitively and superior accuracy, but only if you are a patient person.

Pesonally, if it were an either/or situation keep the 60C.