Tbs Stuck In Someone Else's Hands

VirginiaGator

ACK! How annoying! I have two TBs out there. One is moving slowly, which is fine. The other was picked up in mid-JULY and is still in that person's hands! They apparently have two other bugs also. If I remember correctly, they joined the site in July. Picked up my bug, and haven't been back to the site since September I think. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Why take a bug if you're not going to move it along quickly? If someone wanted to keep the thing, I would think they wouldn't log it at all. So I'm thinking that's not the case. No great bug here...it's attached to a key chain. :D

Welcome to the club, this happen far too often. Fortunately many bugs have resurfaced after six months or more.

You can try sending them an email but no guarantee that'll work either. Don't pester them, just send one asking if they would like assistance in moving those bugs, and then let it go. Obviously something is going on with this cacher that we don't know about.

This is SO common a lament, that I get weary posting my idea to help fix the problem, but in the hope that it will come to pass eventually........ If a person got credit for a TB ONLY after they move it on, this part of the frustration with Travel Bugs would be greatly reduced.

Your situation is particularly hard since they are not active. If they own even one cache, you could post a note to that and hope they see it.