New Category Proposal

In our search for waymarks to place in the waymark category unique mailboxes, we are finding many unique mailbox poles with ordinary mailboxes that are currently not acceptable under those guidelines. We would like to have a category of Unique Mailbox Poles to complement that category. The example below does not meet the unique mailbox criteria because it was only a pole. I think a seperate category for unique mailbox poles would be appropriate.

12942f2e-5ccc-4471-8171-5ef9f44910c4.jpg

If the owners of the unique mailbox category are unwilling to include these, then by all means we need another category that WILL accept them. I find these fascinating and have been thinking of starting my own personal collection of mailbox designs that I've seen in my travels.

I was unaware of this topic until I saw a referrence to it.

I have a few POSTS to submit to this Category if it every gets created. I actually think that the "Unique Post" with a standard box on it is really cool.

I vote "YES" to this Category.

And if I knew how to post an image here... I would show my version of a cool post. (I know the HTML code, I just have nowhere to put the image to referrence to it, that's the part I don't get)

:) The Blue Quasar

I was unaware of this topic until I saw a referrence to it.

I have a few POSTS to submit to this Category if it every gets created. I actually think that the "Unique Post" with a standard box on it is really cool.

I vote "YES" to this Category.

And if I knew how to post an image here... I would show my version of a cool post. (I know the HTML code, I just have nowhere to put the image to referrence to it, that's the part I don't get)

:) The Blue Quasar

I too had the same dilema regarding photos, I solved by uploading to one of my caches, then I use the right side button on the mouse then click on copy image location and then paste that in the little box as long as guided mode is on it works. then I delete the photo from the cache page. There probably is an easier way but I figured this one out on my own and it works.

Edited by chstress53

Thanks CHSTRESS53... you were the person that clued me into this thread too, and solved my image problem (well, with posting them... my image is tarnished either way :lol: )

This is the kind of cool drive-by that people might be interested

b24fe828-fc9c-4cc2-bc42-b0678a8b0b04.jpg

Grasshopper or Mantis Mailbox post- Homemade too! Double points!

:lol: The Blue Quasar

We can have 5 categories now, not limited to 3. Maybe after I get done with taxes I will start this. But it will be at least 2 weeks before I can get to it.

(In the meantime, shameless plug for my category proposal, Animal Memorials. Anyone interested in that one? I would love to see that one go forward.)

you can take it...i got 'other' (non-Groundspeak) things i need to be doing, and have ideas for my own categories to start.....

would these memproals not belong in the pet-cemetery category?

These memorials would not be in pet cemeteries. They are unique memorials you would find in public areas that have nothing to do with pet cemeteries. In most instances, they would not be the grave of the animal but a public memorial of that type that might be dedicated to a human. It is one I would love to manage, but if people want it without me, just as long as it goes forward I would be happy.

Edited by Tsegi Mike and Desert Viking