Caching In Hawaii - Oahu

escarpeta

Hi there! Here are some of the fun ones I have done while there for work...

On the North Shore:

Chillin' wid da shrimps

fun little cache and the shrimp van is scrumptious (pricey at $12 for 12 shrimp but yummy garlickey stuff!)

Hawk's Nest

Great views forever of the North Shore (bit of a hike up but so beautiful)!!

Rules and Tools

Fun multi but a bit tricky, down by the Shell in Waikiki

Geocache

A great classic hide, the first cache in Hawaii and in the top 100 oldest caches ever placed. The approach is tricky as your GPSr will start swinging but DON'T go up the steep bank, go up the trail a bit farther and it will loop back.

Hope that helps a bit and you have a great time!

Jess

I have a similar question so I'll tack it onto the end of this thread. I'll be visiting Oahu in January and am wondering if there are any hydrocaches that I can dive to? Even if there aren't any, I'm definitely diving somewhere and am considering renting a charter boat... unless there are any good shore dives and I can find a partner to go with me (I'm the only one in the family who's certified).

I second "Leap of Faith". I would also add Pau Hao Brown Cow. I was a nice hike (~ 1mile each way) with a great view at the end.

I will be out in January as well (I've already done ~25 out there) and am looking forward to tackling one of CRiders "Triple..Dare You" caches.

Hey... I'll be staying less than 5 miles from those :) . I can't find any hydrocaches on the map but the dive company says that they can't guarantee a visit to a certain spot, so unfortunately that means hydrocaches are out. I'm coming up on 2K and either want the milestone find to be either a local hydrocache in TN or a good cache in Hawaii (something with a ~1-2 mile hike and good views).

Edited by DavidMac

My friend and I will be on Oahu January 7th to 11th. (Visiting from Victoria, British Columbia) We're planning on meeting up with a couple of local cachers on the 7th. Would anyone else like to get together for an informal meet and greet/dinner and drinkies on the evening of the 7th? We're staying at the Coconut Plaza hotel so will be somewhere around there. :unsure:

My friend and I will be on Oahu January 7th to 11th. (Visiting from Victoria, British Columbia) We're planning on meeting up with a couple of local cachers on the 7th. Would anyone else like to get together for an informal meet and greet/dinner and drinkies on the evening of the 7th? We're staying at the Coconut Plaza hotel so will be somewhere around there. :ph34r:

Doh! I'm leaving on the 6th! :(