Screen Shot

Les Nomades

I need to post a question on a topic but I need to insert a screen shot.  Can someone tell me how to make a screen shot????

Thank you

If you own one of these Garmins: LegendC, VistaC, GPS Map60C/S, 76C/S, 276C, 296, or Quest, this xImage program from Garmin is what you need.

"What is xImage? xImage allows you to retrieve and update images on your GPS. For example, xImage makes it possible to get a screenshot from most GPS models. In addition, with certain newer models, xImage allows you to update some images (splash screen, waypoint symbols, etc.) with your own creations."

Hope this helps!

If you're using a PC and you just want to get the active window, press and hold down the "Alt" key as you hit the "Print Screen" key. That will put the image into your computer's memory.

Open up an imaging program like MS Office Photo Editor, Photo Shop, or as a last resort the Windows Paint program. Click on "Edit" in the menu bar at the top and then select "Paste as a New Image" (if available), or "Paste" (if "New Image" is not available.

If you want to cature the entire display on your screen, press and hold down the "Ctrl" key as you hit the "Print Screen" key instead of the "Alt" key.

Edited by Neo_Geo

If you don't have any web space available, just log on to GC.com and post it as a pic under your username (My Account->Edit My Profile->Choose Profile Image->Upload a new image). There may be a shorter path, but that will do it.

Once the image is uploaded, double click on it to display it, and then copy the URL in the address bar of your browser. Then in your post, click the "img" button and paste the link.