Need Help Downloading Waypoints

rocketmann

I need some help with downloading waypoints off of cache pages. I know how to download the actually waypoint in the LOC file format. The problem is my GPS (Lowrance iFinder) nor my mapping software (MapCreate 6) will accept that file format. The one file format I know that it will take is a USR file. Not sure if any other work. I need help converting the LOC to a USR file or another format like that. Any ideas?

I wasn't aware that EasyGPS didn't support the Lowrance iFinder. I have an iFinder Hunt on the way right now. I know that GSAK does support the Lowrance. I have played with the program some and see where it will upload to the Lowrance. If GSAK will support it then I have no need for any other programs. I will use GSAK for my PQ's as well so before using the unit it seems that GSAK will meet all of my needs.

Thanks for the heads up!

If the Hunt is like the H2O, you need to copy the .USR file to an SD card and put that card into the GPS under the batteries. Then you tell the GPS to load the data from the card. So you need an SD card and writer for your computer to do it. My H2O+ came with those accessories, but your Hunt might not. I know the regular H2O doesn't. As I understand it, any regular SD card and writer should work for waypoints. It's maps that you need the special Lowrance card writer for. The USR files are SMALL, so even a 4MB card would work for those.