3 Out Of 4 Ain't Bad

Yellow Wingers

Since I don't have a hand-held GPSr yet, I identified 4 caches in my local area (Tehachapi, CA) to try to find. Before I started, I stopped by K-Mart to pick up a notebook to use as a log and also bought a couple of matchbox cars to place into caches.

I found the first cache about 10 minutes after parking my car. Nicely hidden, but the hint was really useful. Afterwards, I realized that when I first started looking, I was really overthinking things, but once I focused on the hint and looked around, the zen of finding the cache came to me and it almost jumped into my lap.

The second cache was almost as easy, though I did have a chuckle when I found the cache. Very cleverly hidden.

I did not find the third cache, but have placed a watch on it and may go back in a week or so.

The last cache was equally easy to find. So, a 75% success rate is nothing to be ashamed of...

This might become an addiction.

Walk away slowly and don't look back.

Otherwise you will become another casualty of Geocaching. You'll end up like many of us who browse the forums on our employer's time, think about how close that cache is to work and how it will be so easy to grab it at lunch, or on the way home. You won't be able to go anywhere without first checking for cache's in the area. When you can't go caching you'll pout (like I did this weekend).

It will be a miserable existance, unless you're out caching. :P

If you choose to stay and cache, remember you've been warned!

Welcome and have fun. :rolleyes:

Before I started, I stopped by K-Mart to pick up a notebook to use as a log and also bought a couple of matchbox cars to place into caches.

That's amusing that you had to run by K-mart to get some Matchbox cars to trade :rolleyes:

I NEVER TRADE! I just find the cache, sign the log book, place it back, and go off to the next one.

It is a great thing to get into. And yes, Geocaching is not a hobby...its a way of life.

Gotta love them catchy quotes :D