Gc3153

Goofster

Hi guys! I’m a geocacher based in Cape Town, South Africa, and I’m in search of someone to help me log a find for GC3153 – “Where’s in a name?”

My username converts to 46637837 and in accordance with the rules of the cache I’ve chosen to make this latitude N 47° 03.783’, which runs through the state of Washington, USA. Your part of the task would be to find an intersecting degree of longitude, for example N 47° 03.783’ W122° 00.000. This could be an existing geocache, a point in a city or simply out in the countryside: the choice is yours to make! You will need to send me a photograph of your GPSr showing the coordinates (so that the cache owner can verify the find), and a photograph of the surrounding countryside. Should you be able to help, you also get to log the find!

Hope to hear from a willing partner soon!

You'll have a challenge finding someone able to get to 47° 3.783', -122° 0.000'. That location is about 1.5 km from the nearest road, in what I suspect is a very heavily wooded area. (Locals -- this is in forest land halfway between Carbonado and Mt. Baker/Snoqualmie National Forest.)

You'll probably have better luck with 47° 3.783', -123° 0.000', which is near the Evergreen State College campus, just 33 meters off of Brenner Road. It looks pretty forested, too.

47° 3.783', -124° 0.000' is between Hoquiam and Ocean Shores, ½km off of Ocean Beach road, and 65 m from an unnamed logging (?) road.

I'd be happy to try to help, Goofster. Having recently backpacked all over your fine RSA land (and fell in love with Cape Town - who wouldn't?), my memories of Kruger NP (my family's namesake), Port Elizabeth, Durban, Eshowe, Lesoto, Swaziland and yes - even Johannesburg :) ) are still vivid.

Looks like... if you use 122 22.080 - that would put it just off a small road in the Classic Country Club - a mere 45 miles south of me :) May take me a week or so to find the time to run down there, but happy to give it a go if you like.

Thanks for the interest and suggestions, guys 'n gals, but Oly Sidewinder (in Olympia, I think) came to bat for me on this one and has sent me some great pics. My apologies for the delay in responding - time zone differences and shuttling between home and the office have complicated things. Globalgirl: I'm glad you liked Cape Town (we all do!) and we'd love to see you back here some day! And after seeing Oly's pics, I think I want to visit Washington. Tom Robbins is my favourite author so there's some additional motivation there!

:D