D/l To Gps

is it possible that since i've installed GSAK, that it won't allow me to d/l to my gps from the computer? For awhile I was thinking maybe it was with my gps, but then I've got 2 of the same and neither one of them will d/l from any of my programs to my gps. Reflecting back, I'm sure this started about the time I installed GSAK.

I've also thoght maybe it was my pc cable . but I have no way to check that for now. anyone out there have similiar problems? Or should I go buy a new gps?

:ph34r:

Just became a Premium Member, just started using GSAK and just started downloading waypoints. When I first attempted, GSAK threw an error and advised something to the affect that there was no communication with the device. After playing around a bit, I figured out that GSAK defaults to COM Port 3 and I was plugged in to COM Port 1. Quick fix via preferences in GSAK. Next, It thew a different error, can't remember what it advised but the fix was that GSAK and my GPS were set at different baud rates. Again, a quick fix via settings in my unit and GSAK. Hope either of these 2 might be causing your problems as they both took a total of 30 seconds to check and correct. :ph34r:

While my previous post shows that I'm surely no GSAK pro, it might be that you're running an older version of software on your GPS. When I first hooked mine, Magellan Sportrak Pro, up a few weeks ago, it was running version 3.xx. I went to the Magellan site and found version 5.28 for download. Just a thought, but you might want to see if there are any software updates available for your unit. Perhaps you're running an older version that GSAK doesn't recognize. Hope that helps.

Edit to correct mispelling.

Edited by Jester2112