Can Mapsource Do What Mapsend Did?

A while back I had a Sportrak Map and Mapsend Topo. If I took a trip or a drive during the day I was able to upload the track to my PC at night. I was able to see the track and the speed I was traveling at the time. I believe different colors on the track represented different speeds along the trip.

My question is can I do this with my current setup? I have a 60c and city select v6.

Actually -- you can.

In mapsource, (I have version 4.09) there is a tab on the left that reads "Tracks". Under that you'll see all the track logs that you've uploaded from your GPSr.

If you single-click one of those logs it will show up highlighted on the map.

If you right-click one of those tracks, you'll get a menu. Click "Properties" and you'll get the properties of that log. It's broken down into legs. It will show you the length of each leg as well as the average speed for that leg.

Actually -- you can.

In mapsource, (I have version 4.09) there is a tab on the left that reads "Tracks".  Under that you'll see all the track logs that you've uploaded from your GPSr.

If you single-click one of those logs it will show up highlighted on the map.

If you right-click one of those tracks, you'll get a menu. Click "Properties" and you'll get the properties of that log.  It's broken down into legs.  It will show you the length of each leg as well as the average speed for that leg.

I will confirm OuttaHand's assessment. I must stipulate that it only applies to the active log. Any saved tracks will lose speed information. But 10,000 track points in the active log allows for a LOT of tracking!

See images below:

550b4c66-0a06-434a-8416-1bcfdbad704c.jpg

b4ea63b7-085e-4df5-8297-dfbbcb04905c.jpg

Edited by Neo_Geo
I believe different colors on the track represented different speeds along the trip.

TopoFusion does this.

BTW everyone, I know I post quite a bit about TopoFusion, but I want to assure you that I have no financial relationship with them. I just happen to think it's really good software. Writing a book reviewing lots of different programs, I've had a chance to compare them. And like someone else here said the other day--no program does it all. TopoFusion does a lot of things very well though. FWIW

Rich Owings

www.MakeYourOwnMaps.com

www.GPStracklog.com

"We were desert mystics, my friends and I, poring over our maps as others do their holy books." - Edward Abbey