Logon No Remembered

Thot

gc has stopped remembering me when I return. This just started in the last couple of days, yesterday I think. Are others having this problem or just me?

Any suggestions how to make it start working again? Yes, I always check the box or button that says remember.

Seems to me that perhaps the webserver got restarted because things are FAST FAST FAST this morning. 30 minutes ago I came in without ID/Password and then upon returning was prompted to login, but the server is responding wayyyyyy faster than it has in a long time. Autologin has been working just fine until today and what a small price to pay for the kind of speed that encouraged me to become a premium member 6 months ago. Just conjecture but seems to make sense.

Since I've returned from two months away, the site won't remember me. I cleared out my cookies, and checked my security setting in IE (Yeah, haha) and everything looks in order.

The forums seem to remember me, but every time I go into GC.com in a new browser, I have to log in.

Any ideas?

Jamie

I guess I should clarify my post. It's not every time, but seems to be after a certain amount of time. Example, if I close my browser and then come back to GC.com within a short period of time, I'm still logged in, but if I wait a long time (a few hours or so), I have to re-login.

In addition, if I click on a GC.com link, as in an email, the site doesn't open the page with me logged in, like I'm pretty sure it used to do.

Jamie

Clock is right on. This issue won't go away. Grr.

I cleared all my cookies. Logged into the site, then closed the browser. I immediately came to the site again in a new browser. I wasn't logged in automatically. Here's a screen shot of my cookie folder:

cookie.jpg

So it's there. I have the privacy setting set to "Low" in IE, the same setting it's been on for years.

I've been automatically logged into the forums every time, but the main site I have to log in new each time I visit.

Any suggestions?

Jamie

Well, starting this morning, the website remembers me. I haven't consciously changed any settings, so either something was jostled in Washington, or I banged on my computer enough that it learned it ought to behave.

In any case, it seems to be working properly now.

Jamie