Rules For Hotel Caches

masscityfinn

If you are referring to travel bug hotels, the rules vary depending on the cache. Many TB hotels have no trading rules. Some TB "hotels" however have rules that require you to trade a TB for a TB, or limit the number of TBs you can take from the cache. In practice these rules turn the hotel into a prison. TB's wind up getting stuck there for a long time because finders don't have a TB to trade or aren't allowed to take more than one.

The point of travel bugs is to travel. Any rule that restricts the ability of people to take and move TBs is a bad idea.

The entire concept of TB hotels is controversial. They are usually, out of necessity, in high traffic areas near airports. This makes them susceptible to theft and if one of these hotels is stolen a lot of TBs can go bye-bye.

If you want to find a TB hotel in your area, just do a keyword search on 'hotel'.

Edited by briansnat

A hotel cache should be in a larger container. It's going to host travel bugs. Micro's need not apply. It should be easy and convenient to get to and access. The goal is to help bugs along their journeys. If they are not easy and convenient then people may keep a bug rather than drop it off. It should be in a fairly safe spot to keep the bugs from being muggled. That’s about it. Any rules for the travel bugs residing in the hotel should be the kind that encourage people to help bugs travel and meet their goals.

I'm looking for the standard set of rules for Hotel Caches, are there any and if so, where do I find them? Can anyone out there help me! I want to know if there is edicate abouttaking TB's without replaceing them in these Hotels or is it Motels?

There are no written rules about TB hotels, the owners of such caches just make 'rules' up as they go along. Like always keep X tb in the cache, only leave TBs, don't visit this cache on the second tuesday after a new moon, etc.

You can call your cache whatever you want. There are no standards, and hotel/motel/lodge/resort/giant box at the reststop/whatever all get listed as traditional caches.

I love TB hotels. I like them when they are large caches, like an ammo can, that can hold large travel bugs. I'm always impressed at the things that people attach to their travel bug dog tags. So, if you are interested in starting a TB hotel, I would suggest a large container, water tight, and a good hiding spot to avert any muggle activity. :rolleyes: