Give Us Your Vote - Best Nnj Geocachers (people)

Team Rampant Lion

Again, help us with your votes but this time think about people. We will also announce these winners at the event.

While the caches are strictly NNJ, the people can be more inclusive of our NNJ community which includes NY and PA representatives. As with caches, an individual can only win one award so think of where they best fit. If you keep coming up with the same name in multiple categories - think MVP.

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) – This is the best all around NNJC cacher. Balance of number of finds, great hides, personal investment in the promotion of geocaching and active participant in the geocaching community. This individual contributed the most in 2005.

NNJC Veteran of the Year – Must have cached for 3 or more years, still active and a great representative of geocaching.

NNJC Rookie of the Year – Started in 2005 and launched a great caching career. Keep this performance up and MVC is not out of reach in the future.

Best NNJC Cache Hider – Quantity and quality. This cacher invests a lot to ensure this sport is active and healthy. When you see their name next to a cache you know it will be excellent.

Best NNJC Ambassador – This cacher gets us represented in all the right places. They publish articles on geocaching, they represent us in other groups, they are the person you hope the media will interview. They best represent the sport.

Best NNJC Cache Logger – This award represents the person who writes the best descriptions of their adventures. They take time to be descriptive, funny and complete. You look forward to a log written by this cacher.

Best NNJC Significant Other – Not a cacher but unbelievably supportive and tolerant of your addiction. They show up at events, tolerate your cache talk and smile at your nerdy friends.

Most Supportive Land Manager – Open minded, tolerant, and clear regarding their perspectives on geocaching. They make reasonable, fair and productive decisions about geocaching.

Edited by Team Rampant Lion

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) avroair

NNJC Veteran of the Year Scully Mulder et al

NNJC Rookie of the Year Need to research this one

Best NNJC Cache Hider BrianSnat

Best NNJC Ambassador BrianSnat

Best NNJC Cache Logger stayfloppy

Best NNJC Significant Other ptk wife WEBA

Most Supportive Land Manager ?

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) (avroair)

NNJC Veteran of the Year (Scully Mulder et al)

NNJC Rookie of the Year..Hmmmm??? (ALNPD)

Best NNJC Cache hider (Treequest Or TRL)

Best NNJC Ambassador (BrianSnat)

Best NNJC Cache Logger (stayfloppy)

Best NNJC Significant Other (Autumn & Bailey)

Most Supportive Land Manager (NJ Dept. of Parks and Forestry)

Edited by Three Simple Words

OK, a bit of an executive decision based on some comments I have already received but here are some rule changes:

For NNJC MVC; NNJC Veteran of the Year; and NNJC Rookie of the Year vote only for one person.

For all other categories, vote for up to three people. We will give multiple awards in these categories. And in these other categories, cachers can be named more than once.

Let's spread the love! :rolleyes:

Also, it would be much preferred if you could email me your votes. It makes them much easier to enter in the database. Thank you!

Edited by Team Rampant Lion

OK toss out my people votes. THe new rules change things. Here are my new ones:

NJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) – Avroair

NNJC Veteran of the Year – Stayfloopy

NNJC Rookie of the Year – Ramapo (started in late Dec of 04 so I hope that counts)

Best NNJC Cache Hider – Treequest, TRL, Avroair

Best NNJC Ambassador – TRL, Avroair, David of Team DEMP

Best NNJC Cache Logger – KBer (always look forward to his), Grand Master T (the guy is hilarious!), Johnny Rotten

Best NNJC Significant Other – Rose, Mrs. Skully & Mulder

Most Supportive Land Manager – NJ Divison of Parks and Forestry

Edited by briansnat
Best NNJC Significant Other ptk wife WEBA

I always thought you were one very smart man.

The rest of us have learned a very valuable lesson today. Mother K raised no fool. :lol:

NNJC Rookie of the Year – Packanack (started in late Dec of 04 so I hope that counts)
Thanks for the nod Briansnat, but I actually signed up in Dec. 02, and in June 03 I finally figured out (ptk helped me) that the GPSr used 2 AA batteries and had a find (virtual) Lost Lt. on Camping Trip at Sandy Hook with Boy Scouts. Which if anyone is familiar with it, you walk past it from the parking lot to the camp site, so I didn't need those batteries afterall. It did help when the 11 year olds said "Hey what is that thing" Edited by Packanack
Thanks for the nod Briansnat, but I actually signed up in Dec. 02, and in June 03 I finally figured out (ptk helped me) that the GPSr used 2 AA batteries and had a find (virtual) Lost Lt. on Camping Trip at Sandy Hook with Boy Scouts. Which if anyone is familiar with it, you walk past it from the parking lot to the camp site, so I didn't need those batteries afterall. It did help when the 11 year olds said "Hey what is that thing"

Oops, I got you mixed up with Ramapo. Geocachers named after parts of NJ confuse me :lol: .

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) Macatac1961

NNJC Veteran of the Year Bayonets4U

NNJC Rookie of the Year biopcd

Best NNJC Cache Hider JMBella

Best NNJC Ambassador Squealy

Best NNJC Cache Logger BassonPilot

Best NNJC Significant Other Zarah

Most Supportive Land Manager NYSDEC

:ph34r: Woops, wrong site!

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) Macatac1961

NNJC Veteran of the Year Bayonets4U

NNJC Rookie of the Year biopcd

Best NNJC Cache Hider JMBella

Best NNJC Ambassador Squealy

Best NNJC Cache Logger BassonPilot

Best NNJC Significant Other Zarah

Most Supportive Land Manager NYSDEC

:ph34r:  Woops, wrong site!

You must be referring to www.bozocacher.com :lol: .

Edited by briansnat

Alright, the voting is getting slow so I am adding an incentive. For those of you who submit legit votes in all three categories (Caches, Cachers and Hall of Fame) you will be entered into a drawing for a geocoin prize pack. The prize will include one Hurricane Katrina geocoin, one TRL Bearbait geocoin and one Netherlands geocoin.

70a19392-8df6-4347-a335-fe26f9b6d6bf.jpg

To qualify, you must have your votes in by the end of November 2005. Now get out and VOTE! :cool:

NNJC MVC (Most Valuable Cacher) dhenninger

NNJC Veteran of the Year brinasnat

NNJC Rookie of the Year old nave

Best NNJC Cache Hider treequest

Best NNJC Ambassador TRL

Best NNJC Cache Logger Kber

Best NNJC Significant Other: Mrs Avroair. (luv u honey!)

Most Supportive Land Manager: any that don't know about geocaching

Edited by avroair