My New Micro

B) I love bushwacking but every once inawhile i like to do urbans or some nice park and grabs. there is a cemetery near my house. about .2 miles away. it is a area the public is allowed in and there is a nice tree there i would like to make a cache in there but how do i contact for it or do i have to at all.
B) I love bushwacking but every once inawhile i like to do urbans or some nice park and grabs. there is a cemetery near my house. about .2 miles away. it is a area the public is allowed in and there is a nice tree there i would like to make a cache in there but how do i contact for it or do i have to at all.

1) To find out about permission, visit your town clerk. If they don;t know who the property manager is, the town tax records might help.

2) Try not to place it *IN* the cemetary. There are lots of reasons why, from mistaken ID (vandals) to some who are offended at 'disrespecting the dead'. Use some information on the headstones to come up with the final coordinates, like a puzzle. One I found had you go just outside the cemetary to a wooded area to find the cache. Good compromise.

1) To find out about permission, visit your town clerk. If they don;t know who the property manager is, the town tax records might help.

2) Try not to place it *IN* the cemetary. There are lots of reasons why, from mistaken ID (vandals) to some who are offended at 'disrespecting the dead'. Use some information on the headstones to come up with the final coordinates, like a puzzle. One I found had you go just outside the cemetary to a wooded area to find the cache. Good compromise.

i would love to do that. only problem is that this is in a surburban area. on a residential corner. i just want it to be a park and grab and to look at the local family who helped build this area.

i would love to do that. only problem is that this is in a surburban area. on a residential corner. i just want it to be a park and grab and to look at the local family who helped build this area.

Well, just make sure you get permission for something as potentially sensitive as a graveyard. If you get it, great!

Depending on what you have to work with around the perimeter, metal for a magnet, rocks to hide a bison tube or film can, even a key holder stuck in the edging of the land scapping.

You can always make the cache page the read with a pic of the grave that you want to high light and whatever facts you deem interesting.

In every place where I have found caches in cemetaries, the suggestions you have been given were the case . . . a peripheral fence, a non-invasive tree, text from a stone for going to one of the cemetary hides or going off-site. Most cachers are very sensitive to the feelings of others and it really shows.

It is not respect for the dead but for the living, the surviving family members. The dead don't care but family may be hurt if we make their loss and sad memories part of a game we play for fun . . . we may mean no disrespect but their perception is what matters - we don't want to hurt anyone.

Well ive had another idea. this one. but if it doesnt seem like a good placement i might place a virtual and have it be that cachers have to find a bible verse on the grave.

Good luck.

Virtuals are rather difficult to get approved these days. Do a search on the forums here for threads regarding virtuals and/or Waymarking.

What might work better is to have it be an offset cache...coords take you to a gravestone, or maybe the entance to the cemetary, and then they have to find a certain stone or verse on a stone and use numbers from that to complete the final coordinates to the actual cache, which would be located somewhere else.

Edited by dkwolf