Caching, Tbs, Bookcrossing.com And Wg.com

I was out the other night placing a new cache with a travel bug and found a bookcrossing.com book that had a Where's George dollar as a book mark! It took me an hour and a half just to do all the logging!

Partly kidding, there was no WG bill in the book, but the rest is all true, honest!

I had never heard of bookcrossing.com before. It was kind of spooky as I was placing the cache in a little courtyard in a local shopping area. Just around the corner was an all night coffee shop that was very busy (around 1 AM), but this courtyard was dead quiet. Trying to be subtle I was quietly double checking my coordinates and carefully placing the cache. Just as I finished, I saw the book sitting up on a bench a few feet away. It was almost like it had been watching me try to be stealthy. I felt that someone had deliberately put the book there for me to find.

Anyone had anything spooky happen to them when placing a cache before?

BTW, when I release the book, it WILL have a WG dollar in it. :ph34r:

I've placed books in caches and always make sure to register them on Book Xing.com first. Though most have been taken, I've yet to find one that was logged on BXing.

I did find one BXing book in the wild, sitting on a tree stump in a park while I was there on a cache maint trip.

As far as spooky things happening while placing caches, I really can't think of any.