Benchmark Access Via Cell Phone?

PFF

How many times do I have to post this (this is the 3rd or 4th time)??? LOL

Benchmarking site

I asked my brother to write this for me so I could access marks on my cell. It is a direct link to the NGS site, not geoaching.com, so your info is current. It looks awful on small screens because the text wraps, but it is usable. I have started using it on my BlackBerry and have become almost paperless.

Matt

My 1st Paperless Benchmark.

GF0535 C 157

I finally broke down and got me a PDA and now even without internet access I can hunt any where I am planning.

Now when I can afford the WI-FI card...watch out.

The Blue tooth is great too.

It would work real good at one of our Benchmark hunts that we do ever so often when one forgets and has a compatable blue tooth you can transfer these documents to each other onsite.

A little pre "WORD DOC" work and its all paperless.

You can cut and paste the current info and the major things you need.

Most under 3K and with a 128 MB card you can load 10 states.

Just my 3 days worth so far.

I have hundreds of pages printed and in the car for local hunting, but lately I have been straying further from home. Instead of printing and carrying yet more pages I have started using my BlackBerry and that web site. Now I can load hundreds of marks in my GPSr for the area I am heading to and just look them up as I get near them. Of course, that means I always pull off the road to enter the PID. Doesn't it?

At any rate, it means I have to carry less and can venture beyond my previous paper boundaries. Two drawbacks--I don't have the topo map of the area, which I find extremely helpful, and reading the description on the small screen is tedious since it wraps. I have been known to miss things when reading it and have spent more time looking than I should have.

<snip>

Two drawbacks--I don't have the topo map of the area, which I find extremely helpful, and reading the description on the small screen is tedious since it wraps. I have been known to miss things when reading it and have spent more time looking than I should have.

Luckily I can load my National Geographic TOPO's! too.

You can pre set marks and go right to them.

Then it updates to your computer with a hot sync (all updates you do).

I can draw on them and send it to the PDA.

Mark waypoints for where I need to turn on most of these back roads,one thing though in Arkansas the maps(Topographic are way outdated).

I went on a wild goose chase too....the roads the topo has are now private and not marked thusly.

Just a minor drawback.

Now I do not have to try and remember which file pile those data sets was in.

Just having fun,and learning new things everyday.

They make pocket magnifyers that are mylar and work great for those small screens.