Category Proposal:official Geocache Sites

This is a place category where any body could list their 'Official" Waymark. They cna use the commercially available 'Officail Geocache' stickers on their cache or not. This could be a product lead-in.

Waymarks can be of any type but must locatable with a GPSr. I think astounding places would be a good idea for this type of 'Offical' Waymark.

Sure, we need listing in two places, take travel bug entries with their associasted geocaching.com log. This may be said in jest but it is fact, Waymarking seems to me to ba way to get all the work done by an individual.

I, in fact, by my postings want to be such an individual. The Term 'Official Waymark' is just a name to have fun with as is in using 'Officail Geocache' stickers on regular caches.

These 'Official Waymarks' should be oustanding in some way. The way could be in the description of the area or the 'feeling' of the area or just a good view or just a place you feel is special and should be classified 'Official'. It is all in fun and feeling special.

Sure, we need listing in two places, take travel bug entries with their associasted geocaching.com log. This may be said in jest but it is fact, Waymarking seems to me to ba way to get all the work done by an individual.

I, in fact, by my postings want to be such an individual. The Term 'Official Waymark' is just a name to have fun with as is in using 'Officail Geocache' stickers on regular caches.

These 'Official Waymarks' should be oustanding in some way. The way could be in the description of the area or the 'feeling' of the area or just a good view or just a place you feel is special and should be classified 'Official'. It is all in fun and feeling special.

This is a much better idea. Sort of like what ju66l3r proposed in response to my Wow!!! category

I'd rather there be a "metacategory" for highly nominated or somehow selected waymarks from all categories. This way you can consider them "Wow"...put all the current virtuals in it as seeds or something..but have a way for new waymarks to get in (and old waymarks that suddenly pale in comparison to get out).

Perhaps something like the recommend cache function being discussed for geocaches: users could rate waymarks that would make interesting virtuals and then people who like seeking virtuals could query for a list of waymarks in this category.

The Term 'Official Waymark' is just a name to have fun with as is in using 'Officail Geocache' stickers on regular caches.

This is a much better idea. Sort of like what ju66l3r proposed in response to my Wow!!! category

I'd rather there be a "metacategory" for highly nominated or somehow selected waymarks from all categories. This way you can consider them "Wow"...put all the current virtuals in it as seeds or something..but have a way for new waymarks to get in (and old waymarks that suddenly pale in comparison to get out).

Perhaps something like the recommend cache function being discussed for geocaches: users could rate waymarks that would make interesting virtuals and then people who like seeking virtuals could query for a list of waymarks in this category.

I'm not sure what quote will actually show up in this reply, I'm new at this sort of thing. At any rate my initial idea was some what a quantification of 'WOW', because of several attempts to get approval on some very "WOW" caches. I am talking about the type of cache that makes you wonder why you have not seen this all along, an answer to your question or a moment of thought 'CLARITY' that manifests itself at the waymark site.

I am talking about the times god is seen(please no letters this is just an example), the light bulb turns on, or you finally get it, or any other number of reasons to qualify a waymark as an 'OFFICIAL WAYMARK".

Every person has a sense of 'WOW' and this would be the category where the waymaker can try to convey thier impression of 'WOW", like a painter would on canvas the waymarker uses GPS, written description and their ability in an attempt to convey this 'WOW' and mark their "OFFICIAL WAYMARK".

This is really more than 'WOW' because the waymarker needs to convey the feeling or revelation that occurs at the waymark. This is not just some way to get caches into NPS lands or any such thing.