My Pda Keeps Freezing

Dino means a soft rest button - there will be a hole which you can push a pin or the end of the stylus in - the device will be rebooted and any corrupted memory sorted out, but any programs and data will be saved.

A hard reset involves doing the same asa soft rest, plus holding down one or more of the buttons on the device - that will clean out all of the memory and reset the device as it left the factory - you don't want to do that so make sure you are not touching any button whilst resting your Palm.

The behaviour you mention may be due to the device needing ot be reset to free up and reorganise memory, but it may be due to software you have that is not working properly. What else are you running other than Cachemate?

The behaviour you mention may be due to the device needing ot be reset to free up and reorganise memory, but it may be due to software you have that is not working properly. What else are you running other than Cachemate?

nothing other than the basic programs it came with. I'll have a go with the reset button now. Sorry to be such a techno phobe!

claire

Don't forget that the Palm software completely backs up the contents of the PDA. I am assuming that the Palm VX desktop works the same as for my old Palm IIIxe.

When I got hold of an enhanced Palm IIIxe (with a smart media slot fitted), I simply cloned it. I hot-synced the "old", out-going Palm then hot-synched to the "new" empty Palm. The new Palm was identical to the one it was replacing in terms of the installation.

I then hard-reset the "old" Palm, installed the Palm software on Sue's PC and hot-synced her Outlook to the Palm.