Help With Pda

radiotech

I am using a P910i, just joint as premium member. By using pocket querry and receiver via email. On my PC I just copy the file.gpx into p910i folder. Files.prc in the email attachment. I just click on this file.prc then the mobipocket transfer screen pop up, I click ok and the file.prc will transfer into my P910i. I do encounter error open file.gpx on my P910i. My solution was just open the file.gpx with easygpx and save it then transfer back into the p910i and the problem solved. With pocket querry it save me a lot of time for paperless geochching. My probem may different with your PPC. Just to share if you encounter any problem on .gpx file, try my method. I have no problem on file.prc.

Since you have GPXSonar installed you can get rid of Mobipocket, most people don't like it, myself included. You should copy the .gpx file to your sync folder before opening it in Easygps as Easygps strips out most of the information from the .gpx file. Save the file to your hard drive before opening it in Easygps. Then, if you do open it in Easygps, don't save the file after loading the waypoints to your gps. Otherwise, Easygps will overwrite the complete .gpx file with an abbreviated one.

thanks i did that and it says malformed gpx file???????

1) Unzip the file.

2) Copy the fresh virginal file to your PDA.

3) Then open the original in EasyGPS and load the points into your GPS.

Don't ever, ever, ever, save the GPX file with EasyGPS. It read them fine, but it can't save them correctly.

That could be your problem. If not we need to look somewhere else.

You should copy the .gpx file to your sync folder before opening it in Easygps as Easygps strips out most of the information from the .gpx file. Save the file to your hard drive before opening it in Easygps. Then, if you do open it in Easygps, don't save the file after loading the waypoints to your gps. Otherwise, Easygps will overwrite the complete .gpx file with an abbreviated one.

:huh: Thank you so much for the instructions! I was having the same problem.