Virtual Caches

The Seegert Seekers

I always log it right after sending the email. In my log I say "email sent". If there's any problem, the cache owner can let you know and delete your log if your info was wrong for some reason. I'm usually pretty confident my confirmation is right so that's why I do it that way. If you don't hear anything from the owner you could always compare info with a previous finder of the cache if you really want to make sure.

If I know that my answer is correct, I'll send the email and then log the cache.

As a virtual cache owner, I do not respond to every person who emails me the answer to my virtuals. Most of the people log the cache, anyway, so they do not need my response. I try to notice if someone did not log it, though, or if they asked for confirmation in their email, and then I will contact those people specifically.

I wouldn't worry, there are very few virtual cache owners that get so worked up as to be upset if you log their virtual without waiting for their go ahead. Most are probably like me, and appreciate each cacher going ahead, to avoid all the emails.

Edited by Ambrosia