How Long Does It Take To Have Caches Appoved?

Explorer3

It's been taking as long a week lately in the greater Seattle area - the approvers are busy, away on trips, etc. Months ago I was having caches approved the same day - for the past couple of months it's been much longer. Be patient, they'll get to your cache.

This is one of the reasons that I appreciate the new premium member feature, where I get emails every time a new cache is approved. I set it to see all new caches within 50 miles. That doesn't even reach Seattle for me, which is about 90 miles away.

But I have been amazed, that for some of the nights, I can see right when our reviewer is posting caches, and that there have been something like 3 or 4 at a time. And that's just 50 miles! That doesn't even take into account the rest of the state, or Seattle, or the caches that they have to review and eventually deny.

It gives me a real appreciation of what the reviewers are doing. They have their normal lives, and then in the evening, they are looking through what must be a lot of submissions. I can't feel too ancy about my cache that I submitted, when I can actively see every night how much work that they are doing all around me.

Kudos to the reviewers! They are working tirelessly for us, as well as continuing on with their normal lives. <_<