Containers

DOLLAR STORES,goodwill some times has great containers sometimes ammo boxs

resterants will give you 1 gal and 5 gal pails(also supermarkets)

I found a pile of film canisters by the film dropoff at cosco( the canister don't fit in there envalopes)mall-wart will give you film canisters if you ask at the right time(they used to recycle now they just throw them out)garage sales

I often make my own small containers. One is a log that I cut in half, drilled out large holes and rejoined them with a piece of pipe. Another is a stick deoderant case that actually seals pretty well with a rubber band around it - it's in a hole in the ground and the outside is nearly always wet, but the contents are still dry. Yet another is a tampon case I got at Walmart for a buck. The top doesn't completely seal, but it seems to stay dry anyway.

The several lock n lock containers and the dollar store food containers I bought are still sitting in the bag waiting to be used.

BTW, lock n lock containers seem like a really good deal. You can get several sizes at Walmart or Target for $3 each. The lids have flaps that hook onto the sides and a silicon gasket that seals tight. I have not seen one in the field that has failed yet. Widely recommended for a good, cheap, dry container. I think Target has a three pack for $6, IIRC.