What Should I Look For On Ebay...

Another useful palm trick, I have a gps mouse that I use with a laptop, this one happens to have the usb converter as a separate lead exention.

With a bit of slashing and soldering of a ps2 (mouse) lead and a palm serial lead it now plugs straight to the palm without having to modify the gps mouse in anyway, works a treat with cachemate and cachenav.

Feeling smug now... :lol:

I like the idea of going paperless. I've seen some software that takes gpx files and converts them into a load of html files. What PDAs do these work on? Also it would be nice to be able to view spoiler photos etc, any suggestions as to which PDA to go for?

adambro

I use a Pocket PC for this, any will do and I run GPX Sonar for viewing, sorting, filtering, dispalying html pages and if needed looking at spoiler clue :santa:

This is free software so it aint gonna break the bank, and works with spoiler sync (but I have never used that.

Milton (aka Moote)

Anyone got any opinions about the Acer n35 GPS PDA. The GPS software bundled with it doesn't look like it would be suitable for geocaching. Any thoughts?

Yes that is a very good choice It will also give you Location if I remember correctly, as it has a built in GPS antenna. I sometime use a Mitac MIO 168 and that is also a good PDA at the price; have a read of my Pocket PC guide.

I'm doing a rewrite at the moment but It will help you along the way, this version (V1.0) was quick off the shelf but the next will be bigger better and cover more software.

Moote's PocketPC Guide

Milton (aka Moote)

PS If you would like more info feel free to email me through my profile

Edited by Moote