What If There's A Cache At A Wm Site?

As of now, new categories are not being accepted. This will continue until the transfer stage is over for locationless caches and/or the procedure for new categories is hammered out. I would recommend going ahead and marking the waymarks for the summits in the summit category. I'm willing to bet that all summits will be in that category for awhile. Once the number of waymarks begin to pick up they might break them up.

But, of course, I'm not sure, just speculating...If you want I'm sure a Groundspeak official will see the post and respond!!

-Robbie

Team Robrad

Perhaps I missed this in the FAQ, but can someone log a traditional cache and a waymark for the same place? For instance, there's a traditional cache on top of summit X. Can summit X also be set up as a waymark in the Mountain Summits category?

Waymarking is a different activity than geocaching. Same goes for benchmarks. You could find all three at the same location, in theory.

Perhaps I missed this in the FAQ, but can someone log a traditional cache and a waymark for the same place?  For instance, there's a traditional cache on top of summit X.  Can summit X also be set up as a waymark in the Mountain Summits category?

Waymarking is a different activity than geocaching. Same goes for benchmarks. You could find all three at the same location, in theory.

Make that four: you can probably find a letterbox too! (I've come across a number of letterboxes in the same location as geocaches lately, including one 5 ft from one of my caches!)