Garmin 60cs City Select Questions

cajunsis

;) I am in over my head. I know. But please explain in simple terms what I am doing with this City Select. Apparently I don't have enough memory on the GPS to load all of the US, right? So do I load only what I need and then take it off when I need other maps? I have only d/l a few geocaches with whatever the system came with.

I am incredibly confused with this City Select, and unfortunately for me I when I read directions they compute into German - I do not comprehend what I read well. Now I am not a stupid person, just lack comprehension problems when reading that 80 page direction book.

This 'unlocking' is stressing me. I have it on my computer - no problem. I finally figured out how to get my state on the unit (I think). Then I read be sure to select every map you want to unlock cause there is no second chance. I have the entire US on my computer, but only d/l my state to my GPS. Did I mess up? PLEASE don't tell me I only get one state for $160.00!!

HELP?? lol...

Euvah

Edited by cajunsis

You have a whole bunch of things you are thinking about.

First, you have the entire US on your computer. When you unlocked it you unlocked the entire US.

Second. You are right about your GPS. The 56mb of memory only holds some of the total maps avaiable on the computer. Maybe that's your entire state, or maybe it's a few states, or maybe part of one. With City Select it's a function of how many roads are in the areas. You select the area you want, then the next area and so on until you hit 56mb. Then you upload that to the GPS.

If you have questions it's easier to break it down into steps. We will get you where you need to go one step at a time.

YAY! Thank you for pointing that out. I will use it - I can understand pictures, lol.

I am four days into hurricane relief and exhausted. I am going somewhere tomorrow and needed this in case I have to re-route. I really can get this - just need rest TO get it.

Thanks for all the help. I will let you know how I fared.

Euvah