Found Caches

Thewoodchuck

You can run a Pocket Query and then put that information into a program like GSAK. I created a separate "Found" database in GSAK.

If they've been archived, however, you'll need to download them individually from the cache pages as archived caches do not show up in your pocket query.

You can run a Pocket Query and then put that information into a program like GSAK. I created a separate "Found" database in GSAK.

If they've been archived, however, you'll need to download them individually from the cache pages as archived caches do not show up in your pocket query.

Not really.

This is going to be tough 'cause you have over 1500 finds and the pocket queries are limited to 500 waypoints. And capturing caches you've had abroad or out of state will add additional problems. You'll have to generate multiple PQs in different geographies. You wont have to worry about overlapping with GSAK and EasyGPS 'cause everything gets sorted out when you consolidate them into one file. I don't know about other programs.

Disabled caches will download, but I'm not sure if that includes all disabled caches or only recently disabled/archived caches.

To download the now-archived caches, you'll have to go through all your 1500+ finds and download manually the archived caches, the ones with strike-throughs. You can generate the list by going to your stat page and clicking on "All Cache Finds". At 20 per page you'll be going through 78 pages! But you don't have to download each one individually, just click away on each page and download them one page at a time.

Good luck.

Not really.

:huh:

I went through your profile as you suggested and tried to do as you suggested (did it with mine too just to see if it was different) and:

• The download using the checkbox is a LOC file which doesn't include all the page info like a GPX file you get off each individual page
  • The checkbox was missing next to the caches that were archived (with the red strikethrough)

Does your list show something different to you? So looks like if you want GPX files (full cache data, not just what the LOC gives you), you'll need to go into the cache page individually and click the icon_downloadgpx.gif button.

(FYI, the first archived cache I found on your page, Chuy, was page 9. There may have been one before that but I wasn't looking that hard.)