"archive Listing" Notification.

Wreck Diver

I stopped by the Celluloid Heroes cache a few days ago and after signing the cache log book, I returned home to sign the online cache page.

After logging in, I had difficulty locating the Celluloid Heroes cache page when searching for caches by Zip code.

I turned on the GPS and retrieved the Celluloid Heroes cache info and the user waypoint I obtained at the cache. I entered the Waypoint ID into the "HIDE & SEEK A CACHE" page and found that the cache that I had logged a few hours before had been archived more than a week before.

While the owner had assumed that an "archive listing" request was sufficient notification that the listing was being archived, I had no idea that the listing had disappeared days before due to supposed issue.

Sudden disappearance isn't the same as active notification.

I know there are many coding projects planned in the future, but I would like to request a Premium Member option for notification of "archive listing" requests for specific caches or caches within a range specified by the Premium Member so as to reduce fruitless searches and needless road trips.

There are ways to keep your GPS and pocket queries fresh. Still, I agree with the notice. It would be nice to get it in your weekly email. There is no way to know what caches are dissapearing without putting them all on your watchlist so you can see the archive log. Some landmark caches have been archived and then when I've planned a day around them I find that I can't find them...

I don't understand the issue. Did you find the cache? Where you able to log online?

If the answer was yes to both, then I don't see an issue.

Additionally, being a paying member I do get notifications on archivals. Got a couple just the other day.

EDIT: Adding that if you use GSAK you can go directly to the cache page from there, archived or not.

Hope this helps.

Edited by CoyoteRed
I would like to request a Premium Member option for notification of "archive listing" requests for specific caches or caches within a range specified by the Premium Member so as to reduce fruitless searches and needless road trips.

This already exists within the insta-notify capabilities.

--Marky

... I do get notifications on archivals.  Got a couple just the other day....

In the weekly notification? If so that's new. I haven't read my weekly notice in awhile.

No, I think it's the premium member insta-notification feature that CR is using.

--Marky

Yes, that is true.

The OP requested he be notified is if specific caches are archived, I believe that would be handled with the watch list, and any cache within a certain distance. Insta-notifications do that up to, I believe, 50 miles.

Unless there is something I am missing here...

Yes, that is true.

The OP requested he be notified is if specific caches are archived, I believe that would be handled with the watch list, and any cache within a certain distance. Insta-notifications do that up to, I believe, 50 miles.

That was essentially what I was suggesting, given a variable mileage range.

Yes, that is true.

The OP requested he be notified is if specific caches are archived, I believe that would be handled with the watch list, and any cache within a certain distance.  Insta-notifications do that up to, I believe, 50 miles.

That was essentially what I was suggesting, given a variable mileage range.

Notification Service (Paying members only)

Wouldn't each of the individual cache types have to be individually selected for the Insta-Notify archival Subscription?

I was thinking that a blanket archival notification would be of value, like the Weekly Cache Notification.

Yes, but you can set each cache category to have the type of logs you want to trigger the notification. If you don't care to have notifications sent for webcams being archived you can turn that off. It's pretty flexible.

This feature isn't fully mature so it's a little limited, but by using it and providing feedback you help TPTB in getting finalized.