60cs

thcri

Since I updated to the latest software my GPS seems way slow. After I make a turn directed by my GPS I can travel about an 1/8 of a mile before it starts showing where I am going again. This is fine but if I have to turn right away again it misses my turn. Not so bad in the country but in town I miss more turns than I make. Anyone else having this trouble of just me?

murph

I'm surprised since I haven't even had any problem like that with my GPS V and it has a much slower processor. Have you tried going back to the earlier firmware to confirm the change in behavior? Be sure to backup waypoints/etc. first. Was there any other change in settings (like Track Up vs. North Up) at the same time as the firmware change?

Since I updated to the latest software my GPS seems way slow. After I make a turn directed by my GPS I can travel about an 1/8 of a mile before it starts showing where I am going again. This is fine but if I have to turn right away again it misses my turn. Not so bad in the country but in town I miss more turns than I make. Anyone else having this trouble of just me?

murph

Make sure you don't have lock on roads selected. This will make the unit take longer to realize you missed a turn.

Try MENU->Setup->Routing->Follow Roads Options->ENTR. Here you can set the calculation method to: Quickest Calc, Quick Calc, Better Route or Best Route. Maybe change the method to Quick Calc. As long as you aren't in a tangle of roads (so your route goes haywire) the calculation speed should go up.