Login Problems

ECO Trekkers

We had a German High-school exchange student living with us the past 7 months and got her hooked on Geocaching! Now she has returned to Germany :-( and is not able to login at Geocaching .com. I suspect it has something to do with her choose of username. Her user name is Marienkäfer. On my keyboard to create the "a" with the umlait she had to use the keystroke combination of option-u to create the umlait then type the "a" resulting in ä. Now that she is back in Germany she has a keyboard that has an ä. She has tried it numerous times with no luck yet I have no trouble doing it from my computer. How can we resolve this dilemma?

TIA,

We had a German High-school exchange student living with us the past 7 months and got her hooked on Geocaching! Now she has returned to Germany :-( and is not able to login at Geocaching .com. I suspect it has something to do with her choose of username. Her user name is Marienkäfer. On my keyboard to create the "a" with the umlait she had to use the keystroke combination of option-u to create the umlait then type the "a" resulting in ä. Now that she is back in Germany she has a keyboard that has an ä. She has tried it numerous times with no luck yet I have no trouble doing it from my computer. How can we resolve this dilemma?

TIA,

have her contact GC.com at the contact@ email and ask for assistance.

1. From your computer, login as her, and change the account name to something else, without any special characters.

2. From her computer, she logs in under the changed name.

3. From her computer, she changes the account name back to what it was originally, but using a character that works on her keyboard.

Well, Sure, if you want the easy way.