Category Proposal: Lewis And Clark

Has this been suggested? As the bicentennial years there is a lot of emphasis on the Corps of Discovery with Lewis and Clark. There are natural formations like the Confluence of the Yellowstone and Missouri where they had an encampment, modern museums or centers, statues, lots of historic markers, festivities and reenactments, etc. This seems like a worthy effort to make up a compilation of events and places.

That one was for the new Lewis and Clark benchmarks, which probably could be included in this category.

libertylady's proposal is for points of interest along the trail. campsites, river crossings, visitor centers, etc. With the 200 anniverary of their journey this year I think there would be a lot of interest in this one.

I've lived at a couple of places along the trail and have visited several of the sites. Though the years I've done school reports, read their journals, and read several books about them. If liberty lady is not interested in managing it I would be glad to manage it or co-manage it.

Edited by geo-duo