Category Proposal

I posted this earlier in the wrong place so I am reposting it here.

I'd like to be the first to propose a category. I would like to make a place category that is Scouting camps. This would include boy scout, girl scout, awana, campfire, church youth group etc long term camps.

The only thing that I think needs to be addressed is the fact that these are Youth areas. They are however usually listed on local council websites.

A long term camp is defined as staying more than 4 days.

Also needs to be a dedicated camp. For instance our church group goes to church camp at a Christian university every year. This is for six days but wouldn't be eligible because it isn't dedicated to scouting.

I posted this earlier in the wrong place so I am reposting it here.

I'd like to be the first to propose a category. I would like to make a place category that is Scouting camps. This would include boy scout, girl scout, awana, campfire, church youth group etc long term camps.

The only thing that I think needs to be addressed is the fact that these are Youth areas. They are however usually listed on local council websites.

A long term camp is defined as staying more than 4 days.

Also needs to be a dedicated camp. For instance our church group goes to church camp at a Christian university every year. This is for six days but wouldn't be eligible because it isn't dedicated to scouting.

That's ok, I posted a response in the wrong place too... My concern with this category is that might a person need to be a member to visit and log these camps? That kind of thing is a no-no for caches...

That is true but these are not caches. The idea is that waymarks are locations that you might go to. There are lots of scout leaders that are geocachers, and soon waymarkers that would like to know the coords of a camp particularly high adventure camps that are in a different state.

That is true but these are not caches. The idea is that waymarks are locations that you might go to. There are lots of scout leaders that are geocachers, and soon waymarkers that would like to know the coords of a camp particularly high adventure camps that are in a different state.

That's my point, would I be able to just stroll onto the grounds of a BSA camp holding a GPSr in hand, or would I have to be in the organization to be allowed on the property? As I said, it's a cool idea... Just wondering if it would be allowed if non-members of the organization couldn't go there to log it...