Auto Kit For Vista And Legend Color Gps

After reading your post, I went to Best Buy and purchased the same item. Upon opening the package, the instructions inside said that I'm supposed to replace the battery cover with the cover that is supplied in the kit. There is no cover in the package. In the photos on the box, and in the contents description, there is no mention of the battery cover.

Is there supposed to be a new battery cover supplied with the kit? or do I have to purchase the cover additionally? Thanks

The Vista C comes with the little bracket that fits into the auto navigation bracket. I assume that is the case for the Legend C as well, but wouldn't be the case for the other GPS units. This screws onto the battery cover.

When I got the auto navigation kit, it did not have that battery cover included in the package. If your GPSr didn't come with it, I assume you will have to get one of those.

When I purchased my LEGEND Color GPS it came with piece that screws into the battery compartment cover, so I did not have any problem using the car mount. I would have to get a replacement cover for my older non-color LEGEND if I wanted to use it with the car mount. I now use color in the car and the older legend in the field :) I sure like the auto route function in the Color LEGEND and City Select Maps.

Edited by DiscGolfer