How Many Caches Is To Many?

August 9 by SixDogTeam (381 found)

...We scratched an arrow in the limestone, but I don't know how long that will last...

Note the section of the listing guidelines which says that defacing any object, natural or artificial, in order to provide a clue or a logging method, may be grounds for the immediate archival of a cache.

August 14 by SixDogTeam (382 found)

We accept Gerbilmafia's partial apology even tho we know it's not sincere, based on the other recent notes he's been leaving on our cache pages, which we are deleting. Did you REALLY think lying about us would not cause a "battle"? You didn't "simply ask a question", you lied about us in the forums, then when we called you on it, just faded away. What you have a "lot to learn about" is getting along with others. This has nothing to do with "politics". We can't believe you are so naive to think that lying about us would not be "insulting". Sorry, if you were badly embarrassed in the forums, but you see, we could not let what you did stand --LEAD DOG

This is the note that was posted after I pointed out to the mighty SixDog team that they had at least a few caches that have been neglected for quite some time. I would like to ask two more questions on this forum. If SixDog team has at least ONE cache that was repoted missing one year ago and no maintanence has been done to date. What part of my original question was a lie and is it possible that he has to many cahces to maintain?

Update. I received this email this morning. Their name will not be revealed.

Hey! Just to let you know, I was looking on the forums today, and I totally agree with your observation that some people may have too many caches to keep up. I, myself, have been to MANY caches that were DNF's, and it makes me angry (especially when gas is $2.50/gallon) to drive to a place only to find it has been neglected, or muggled (for several weeks or more). I also feel as though some people are "claiming" areas and cemeteries, when in fact they do not OWN geocaching, nor cemeteries. Public land is public land. Thanks for speaking up when some of us are to much of wusses to do so. Thanks again.

This thread appears to be straying a little off topic. Why does the creator just re-name it "Take a cheap Shot at SixDogTeam"? It appears as though you have some personal vindetta against him so take it outside, not here. :rolleyes: I also thought that discussions were to be kept inside the fourms. Quoting secret users from secret sources is just plain tacky and highly likely to be fabricated.

I will also add that if you have sunk to level of calculating finds per gallon of gas, you have most likely missed the point. Allow me to clue you in, geocaching is about being outside and visiting places you would normally not have the opportinity to see otherwise. It is about spending some time with the wife and kids and learing about the area. Buying gas to rack up the numbers is sad. :huh:

Get an attitude adjustment, go caching. <_<

Edited by Phantom_Dog