Viewing Multiple Caches On Google Maps

twjolson & Kay

I don't know if it's already possible, or if it already has been suggested. BUt what about being able to select multiple caches and have them show on Google Maps with marks? Is this possible already, or is this something we can get?

Unlikely. The current Google Map link works by simply bringing up the Google Map page with the search parameter already filled in, by passing it in the "q" field. But that only works for a single location.

You can use the Google Map APIs to roll you own maps. I've done it myself, driven by a PERL script, and it can map up to 100 locations at once (theoretically, it's unlimited, but I only created 100 unique markers; after than, it reverts to the generic Google marker). But for the traffic that a site like GC generates, a license would be required.

image16vl.png

Edited by Prime Suspect

How about just downloading Google Earth? It's a free download and all you need is a broadband internet connection and a decent video card. Sure you have to punch in the coordinates yourself, but you can have as many caches shown on the map as you want.

How about just downloading Google Earth? It's a free download and all you need is a broadband internet connection and a decent video card. Sure you have to punch in the coordinates yourself, but you can have as many caches shown on the map as you want.

Broadband - check

Videocard made 4 years ago and can't run jack - check