Gsak And Ipaq

I use GSAK to load caches into my Garmin Map60C without a problem. I have been using GPXSonar in my iPAQ but woud like to use GSAK but I cant figure out how to export the geocache/s to my iPAQ. Is there a nice simple way to explain it so I can do it???? Thanks

File=>Export=>GPX

If you only want a particular sub set of caches, then be sure to set a filter first.

To add to ClydeE's comments. The IPaq is recognized as a storage card when it is in its cradle. This means you can open up to where you want the file to be, be it on the unit or the onboard storage card and drag and drop the GPX file in the appropriate location. The IPaq software will take care of any conversion needs automatically.

I forgot to add, you want to make sure you don't filter the file to be too large. If it is larger than the available memory to run it, the unit will choke.

Edited by TotemLake
I use GSAK to load caches into my Garmin Map60C without a problem. I have been using GPXSonar in my iPAQ but woud like to use GSAK but I cant figure out how to export the geocache/s to my iPAQ. Is there a nice simple way to explain it so I can do it???? Thanks

I started with GPXsonar on my iPAQ also, but found that using GSAK I could

FILE ==> EXPORT ==> HTML

and I would point to my iPAQ FILEs folder that is set to sync when in the cradle. This creates a directory with an index home page that lets me use the iPAQ browser to view the index of all my caches... which seems faster than using GPXsonar on 400-500 caches. I create GSAK LOCATIONS for the different places I plan to be for the weekend and use the index to find the matching cache that my GPS says is NEXT CLOSEST... :D

Edited by hardwire

I export the GPX file to a separate folder on my PC, then copy it to both my IPAQ and my wife's. I've just started using macros to do all this, so I can now connect my GPS to the PC cable, and run a GSAK macro that reads in all my Pocket Queries, filters the result as needed, and exports a GPX file. Since I like using the smart names both on the IPAQ and on the GPS, I reload the new GPX file before sending to the GPS. Here's a sample macro (thanks to Clyde for helping with the error condition:)

# This macro will first update the default DB with all GPX downloads

# Then it filters for and creates Coast_Caches.GPX

# And copies it to the PDAs and sends to the GPS

DATABASE Name="default" Action=select

LOAD Settings=Pocket_Queries_All

FILTER Name="Coast - Astoria to Waldport"

EXPORT Type=GPX Settings="Export_Coast_Caches"

CANCELFILTER

DATABASE Name="Coast" Action=select

LOAD Settings="Load_Coast_Caches"

LOAD Settings="Load_Home"

EXPORT Type=GPX Settings="Export_Coast_Caches"