Geocaches In London For 1st Time Visitor

I would be grateful if someone could point me out to some caches which are located in London. This is the first time I am attempting geocaching in a foreign country (I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). I will be in London from 28 Jul to 4 Aug. The list of geocaches in UK is to daunting for me to decide on which to attempt. Tks. Cysurfer

I am about to go into London for another cache raid this weekend. The first time I was there we did 25 caches in a slowish day (cold and rainy and started at lunchtime). On that day we concentrated on the caches in Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens and St. James Park.

Tall buildings can be a real pain when trying to get GPS signal, so the parks seemed like a good place to start. Reasonable signal, nobody looks at you strangely if you are mooching around the park and lots of caches concentrated in one area.

This time I am going to concentrate on caches along the Regents Canal (another series) and along through Camden, Euston and Kings Cross.

There are a lot of nice little caches in small parks and squares in Islington (Angel tube station), most of which I have done in ones and twos when visiting my sister, but would be worthy of a caching trip to get a few in one go.

As you are not in the UK, you will most likely not have UK mapping software to plot your caches on, which can make life difficult. The link from GB cache pages to Streetmap is pretty useful as it will give you a good idea of location.

There is a handy web site with a Tube map (London Underground) with stations that have nearby caches marked, I don't have the link handy, but somebody will probably post it up here.

I suggest you take a pair of gloves with you, as caching in London does seem to mean sticking your hand into some places that you might prefer not to if you were sane and had a normal hobby! :lol:

I'm with Simply Paul. Well, I'm not *with* him, but I agree that Catastrophe, Calamity, Cataclysm is a good series. I did it 3 years ago, but there could certainly be some other good ones now. You'll to pay for a transit trip and entrance to one attraction. Plan on wearing some comfortable shoes.

Coupar Angus