I'm Stuck!!

gsak keeps telling me 'you can't create a folder here, that folder does not exist' ?????

I assume you are using a Palm, unfortunately my knowledge is with an iPAQ but I assume it is similar.

I will ask the obvious, is your PDA connected to the PC - can you browse to the folder in Explorer?

When you click the export to cachemate. browse the location and put it my documents (or a folder that is easy to find) .Before you click the generate button, make sure you put a tick in the box that says something like "export to palm after conversion" then click generate.

When the palm box comes up select done, then hotsync your palm (press the button on the cradle) it it will transfer the data

Export the filtered list from GSAK... File menu, export and export as type "Cachemate .pdb file". Another dialogue box will appear with a variety of options. I always untick the "decode hints by default" option.

Now depending on how you want to do it, there are two ways to continue. I always keep my Cachemate databases on an SD card, so I untick the "export to palm device after conversion" and save it to My Documents. I then copy that file onto my memory card. If you're doing it that way, it needs to be saved in the following folder: \Palm\Launcher\xxx.pdb (cachemate .pdb file).

If you're just copying it direct to your Palm, then leaving the "export to Palm device" box ticked should be OK.

Hot Sync your palm with your PC. Fire up your Palm, and open Cachemate. Hopefully it should detect the new file(s) and ask if you want to update your database...