Garmin 60cs Multiple Maps?

Dump question. I have had my 60CS for almost a year and have both CitySelect maps and Topo West maps. It seems I can not have both sets of maps on my 60cs at the same time (for my area, not the entire set of course). Is there a way to load both CitySelect Maps and Topo West maps and then turn on or off each set depending on which I want to use? Right now when I download either set of maps, it appears to overwrite which ever maps were previously loaded.

Thanks for any help.

While in MapSource, select the map segments that you want to load from City Select, then switch to Topo and select the map segments you want to load from there. Then send them all to the GPSr at once.

Once they're loaded into the GPSr, there is a hierarchy of how the maps are displayed. City Select will show on top of all of the other maps loaded.

If you want to view the Topo maps, go to the Map page, and press the Menu button. Scroll down to select "Setup" and then press "Enter". Scroll over to the "Circle-I" icon, and then press "Enter". A list of individual map segments shows up with check boxes - ignore that and press the "Menu" button. There you will see where you can hide all, show all, or hide or show individual MapSource products.

Check out Garmin's FREE MAPSOURCE TUTORIAL!

Edited by Neo_Geo

yeah, just like cache viking said - select topo in mapsource - pick the areas you want, then select city select in mapsource - pick the areas you want. repeat for as many map products as you'd like (up to memory capacity of the unit). only then do you download the maps to your gps.

you'll be able to choose the map displayed by pressing menu from the map page - go into setup map - then i believe it's the fifth icon and again press menu - you'll get a list of the maps that are loaded and you can quickly choose which one you'd like to use (scroll up/down and press enter).

your next question might be "ok now that i've got them on the gps can i use more than one type of map simultaneously?" and the answer to that would be a big "no"...

have fun!