How Is The Garmin Rino 120 For Caching

I guess I'm not sure of your question. The Rino series GPSrs come with built in 2 way radios, that also alow you to report your position to other Rino GPSrs. Aside from that fact, I believe they use the same type GPS receiver as most of the garmin models use, and therefore they're no better or worse than another GPS in the same receiver family.

RAIDER,

I've had two Rino 120's for over a year. They work fine for geocaching and general navigation. The radio feature works alright, but it's a little thin sounding because of the waterproof membrane over the speaker and microphone. They do OK under tree cover, but the one drawback I find is you end up doing the "drunken bee dance" when you stop if you are caching. (the needle stops pointing). The Rino 130 has an electronic compass which eliminates this problem. If I were to do it over again, I'd get at least one Rino 130 and use that as my primary caching device.

-E

I've been using the Rino 120 since it came out. I've been VERY happy with it overall. It receives very well under trees, the mapping is wonderful, etc. etc.

Yes -- the microphone is covered with a membrane to make the unit waterproof. That means people hearing you are going to have a little trouble unless you try to be very clear and loud.

And yes --- the needle has 'stuck' on me a couple times. I'm hoping a firmware update will solve this (are you reading this, Garmin???)

But it's been an excellent, sturdy unit that I've found MANY caches with.