The Weather Up Here

Newfiezedder

How has the weather lately affected your caching? I am in the Greater Toronto Area and it has been too hot/humid/smoggy lately for me to do much caching on my time off. Anybody else been taking it easy lately. I know our poor west coast brethren have had some terrible storms lately. Any stories of caught in the storms, too close to a twister, and so on?

Greg

How has the weather lately affected your caching? I am in the Greater Toronto Area and it has been too hot/humid/smoggy lately for me to do much caching on my time off. Anybody else been taking it easy lately. I know our poor west coast brethren have had some terrible storms lately. Any stories of caught in the storms, too close to a twister, and so on?

Greg

No storms out here. Been a little wetter than usual, but a little damp weather never stopped a wet coaster from caching. :P

Alberta has had some flood problems. I'm sure a number of river-side caches are no more.

I'm right across the lake from Toronto and I can tell you that we have had a lot of troubles lately with poor signal. We are blaming the haziness.. yeah that's what we do LOL

We (Logger and I) were near Milton, and could occationally squeeze out 20 meter accuracy.

Things have been better on the southern edge of the lake, like Hamilton and Niagara.

But still, the heat and haze makes it far less enjoyable. Even the mosquitos seem to be avoiding the heat. I guess that is a plus.

I am using the time to start on cache maintenance, why not? I don't have to search for my own caches (often).

Come on Fall! That's when I like caching best. September to November, then March to May. Winter's okay, as long as it's not windy.