Crofton, Ne Web Site Article

Car54

I did a cursory search to see if this article had already been discussed since it is a couple weeks old, but didn't find anything. We're headed out for a 2-wk camping trip the first of July and I was googling the cities in which we will be camping. I was specifically looking for what county they are each in so I can program our NOAA weather radio.

Well, when I googled Crofton, NE, the city's website had a tantalizing link. Seems to be a pretty positive article about geocaching and how area communities are using it to attract and entertain tourists. In light of restrictive policies in some areas, I thought others might enjoy this article. Look on the right hand side of the page under "Area News Headline". I couldn't find a direct link (not too web-savvy :mad:), so I don't know how long the link will be functional.

"Geocaching is putting Knox and Cedar counties on the map"

Mrs. Car54

In light of restrictive policies in some areas, I thought others might enjoy this article.  Look on the right hand side of the page under "Area News Headline".    I couldn't find a direct link (not too web-savvy :P), so I don't know how long the link will be functional.

"Geocaching is putting Knox and Cedar counties on the map"

That was a nice, positive article. Makes me want to go to Nebraska now! (Here's a direct link to it, in case the main page is updated and the link disappears). It's a pity they reference "www.geocache.com" instead of "www.geocaching.com".

I looked at the "Cedric Cedar" TB that is mentioned in the article, and was delighted to see that it is still very active after being out for almost two years. It's especially nice since the bug was a community effort -- it could have ended up with a group of disappointed new geocachers, if their bug had been one of those that disappears early.

The Lewis and Clark cache series was also recently helpful at a meeting with a Natural Resource District who was creating a permit policy. The NRD was quite supportive of caching and one member who was aware of the series stated he liked the hisotrical and educational aspects it.