Caching In Amersham

I haven't done any caches in Amersham, but High Wycombe is just down the road.

Dan and Pid have set some excellent caches in this area, so I'd recommend some of theirs.

Bob Smith has also set some nice caches around here (although I sometimes find them quite tricky to find)

Hope this helps.

Getting it from Dees? That's where I bought mine.

Shhhh! Amersham is relatively cache free area (I may regret saying this, as the usual suspects stampede into the area with a handful of micros to toss around).

Which way are you coming from? There are lots over by High Wycombe, as has already been said, and there are zillions further East in the Berkhamsted/Tring area.

There is my canal series up through Berkhamsted and SP's canal series down the Wendover arm which are both most suitable for cycling. There are several caches on Ashridge, which has a network of bridlepaths, so you could cycle several of those. SPs's Ridgeway Run series has some cycleable parts too (some bits is only along footpaths).

Let me know if you want and specific cache names for the Berkhamsted area caches.

I stayed near Amersham for a week in September and managed to do quite a few of the caches in the area. Burnt at the stake is right in Amersham and I found it quite challenging, Resurrection was great if you like/hate cars. Murder Most Horrid looked fun, but I didn't have the files that I needed with my pockey query. There are also quite a few Hornet ones including some Chess Valley caches.

Have fun!

Shhhh! Amersham is relatively cache free area (I may regret saying this, as the usual suspects stampede into the area with a handful of micros to toss around).

That's a bit rich, coming from a usual suspect as it does! <_< Anyway, a well placed micro can be a thing of beauty - Punters' Series Ali? Hehehehe!

Anyway, Amersham - If you like unusual caches, have a go at my one in Beaconsfield - The Giants of Bekonscot. Or my Mighty Maze cache is in a charming spot, especually good on a Wednesday! Others well worth a go include those by Dan & Pid already named - especially Hellfire's Globe - one of my favourite places in Bucks, with caves to investigate too.

SP

There are also quite a few Hornet ones including some Chess Valley caches.

depending upon how broad your definition of 'Amersham' is! :D

Depends what your definition of "area" is :) (quote: "...in Amersham any recomondations to good caches to do in the area") :D. Hornet Hide 16 (Latimer) is less than two miles away from Amersham :D.

It's a very cache rich area. That's why I went there last autumn on holiday :D

Hey Stuey, I am not going to argue with you, for we are bothers in arms against the demon jobbie :D

Anyway, one thing we can agree on I am sure is that there are loads of caches round here and bingoboy will be spoiled for choice!

I'd forgotten about that... ewwwwww, LOL. It must have really etched itself on your mind, lol. We definitely agree on all of it. Bingoboy should stay a fortnight :)