Geneva Florida

Clan Riffster

Hey gang, I was out researching potential locations for a pending multi cache I want to place in the Geneva area of Seminole County Florida. I found a spot on the Flagler Trail that literally screamed for a cache, and upon close inspection, I found a camo'ed Planter's Peanuts jar. When I opened it, I found trading items, a log book in a baggie, and a dollar bill.

At that point I assumed I had found a cache that hadn't made it to the GC site yet, so I took the dollar and signed the logbook as FTF, figuring I would "log" it as soon as it was listed on GC. It's been over a week now, and it still hasn't been posted. I contacted Crow T Robot, the area approver, and he doesn't have anything in the area awaiting approval. I also checked Terracache and Navicache with no luck.

I'm stumped. A couple things I noticed that were curious about this cache is that it did not contain the usual "This is a geocache" note, and it had nothing in the logbook or on the cache detailing its cache name or owner.

Anybody know any Geneva cachers who might have placed this?

Thanx!

Sean, of Clan Riffster

Hey gang, I was out researching potential locations for a pending multi cache I want to place in the Geneva area of Seminole County Florida. I found a spot on the Flagler Trail that literally screamed for a cache, and upon close inspection, I found a camo'ed Planter's Peanuts jar. When I opened it, I found trading items, a log book in a baggie, and a dollar bill.

At that point I assumed I had found a cache that hadn't made it to the GC site yet, so I took the dollar and signed the logbook as FTF, figuring I would "log" it as soon as it was listed on GC. It's been over a week now, and it still hasn't been posted. I contacted Crow T Robot, the area approver, and he doesn't have anything in the area awaiting approval. I also checked Terracache and Navicache with no luck.

I'm stumped. A couple things I noticed that were curious about this cache is that it did not contain the usual "This is a geocache" note, and it had nothing in the logbook or on the cache detailing its cache name or owner.

Anybody know any Geneva cachers who might have placed this?

Thanx!

Sean, of Clan Riffster

Where on the Flagler trail? I had a cache go missing with a similar description on the Flagler Trail South.

This is on the North end, at the St John's River. It's a new section of trail. Runs off Osceola Rd at Osceola Fish Camp Rd, just past the landfill. I want to hide stage 3 of my multi cache there, but I don't wanna interfere with another cacher. Park at the trailhead, walk north to the river. You'll see an historical marker in front of a clump of bushes. In those bushes are a bunch of big concrete chunks. The cache is hidden amongst the chunks.

I've got the coordinates wrote down here somewhere if'n you want them.

Edited by Clan Riffster
This is on the North end, at the St John's River. It's a new section of trail. Runs off Osceola Rd at Osceola Fish Camp Rd, just past the landfill. I want to hide stage 3 of my multi cache there, but I don't wanna interfere with another cacher. Park at the trailhead, walk north to the river. You'll see an historical marker in front of a clump of bushes. In those bushes are a bunch of big concrete chunks. The cache is hidden amongst the chunks.

I've got the coordinates wrote down here somewhere if'n you want them.

Just give me the coords to the final of your multi...that's all I need. :mad:

OK. The one you stumbled onto is not mine. Does it look old or new?

Contents were dry & in good shape. No cobwebs on the container. I'd say it's only been out a couple days prior to my finding it. Crow also suggested that I wait a week or so to see if it gets placed on the board, and if not, I could use that spot. I'm just not sure how that would go over with the geocaching community.

Contents were dry & in good shape. No cobwebs on the container. I'd say it's only been out a couple days prior to my finding it. Crow also suggested that I wait a week or so to see if it gets placed on the board, and if not, I could use that spot. I'm just not sure how that would go over with the geocaching community.

On behalf of the "community", I say "take that spot"! If/when the owner posts the cache description, the FL approver will say there's already one within 0.1 miles.

Well it's official. I just placed stage 1 there, (not stage 3 as described earlier). Stage 3 & 4 have been placed. Just waiting on the glue to dry on stage 2 so I can place it. Got my write ups done & saved to MS Word, so as soon as stage 2 is placed, I can submit the whole works.

Look for "Great Scot! (A Riffster's Tale)" coming soon! :)