60cs

Can anyone explain how to set custom point icons in the Garmin 60cs? I remember seeing this done a while ago in a forum but can't find it now. Someone had all the geocache icons to put in their unit. That would be good.

On a more advanced note. Is it possible to have multiple icons use the geocaching mode? Traditional, multi, micro, and virtual would be nice to use in the geocaching mode.

Thanks for the help.

Try question 8 in the Waypoints Section of the FAQ.

Unfortunately, the link to TheOfficeMaven's cool geocaching waypoint images is broken. If anyone downloaded a copy and can send them to me, I'll put them on the FAQ site and post a link.

One shortcoming of custom icons is that they basically make geocaching mode useless. Only one symbol allowed for unfound caches, and one for found caches.

Somebody posted this link recently.  I bookmarked it but haven't actually looked at yet other than a first glance, but I think it will do what you're looking for.  Search for the word "custom" on the page.

edit: slower than a sputnik

So does anyone have a working link??????????

It works for me.

Unfortunately, the link to TheOfficeMaven's cool geocaching waypoint images is broken.  If anyone downloaded a copy and can send them to me, I'll put them on the FAQ site and post a link.

File sent to your gmail address. Let me know if you get it.

Unfortunately, the link to TheOfficeMaven's cool geocaching waypoint images is broken.  If anyone downloaded a copy and can send them to me, I'll put them on the FAQ site and post a link.

File sent to your gmail address. Let me know if you get it.

I want it please!!

Delaypatm@comcast.net