Toronto Zoo Visit

rojeel

We are coming to Toronto Zoo next weekend. While we are there, we want to do some caching. Problem is, I don't know exactly where the Zoo is. I did a search from the Zip of the hotel (M3C 1J3), and looked West, but that doesn't help with doing ones near the zoo and hotel. Does anyone have coordinates for the zoo or the nearest cache to the zoo so I can do a search from there.

And is there a family friendly must do cache within 25 miles of the zoo. We only have 2 days and 8 hours of that is driving, 6-8 hrs in the zoo, maybe a couple of sites ( I think I read about a castle near there and thinking of the CN Tower) and a few hours of sleep. So any caches near these locations that my daughter can trade items and drop TBs would be great. :)

Thanks for your assistance, :)

Ron

These 2 are just north east of the zoo and you could even walk form the zoo or drive just a bit up the street and park a little closer...both accessible from Meadowvale Road, which the Zoo is also on.

" Jake's Place " by allwalk (GCAF46)

Rouge Railway Reserve by Spud Potato Head (GCCB4F)

Do a closest search from those to find out what else is close by.

The castle you are talking about is called "Casa Loma". You can see some pictures from the castle on this TB page:

Joe and Karyn TB

I grew up in Toronto but I never visited the the place (other than a prom night but that's another story) until quite recently. Other than the bus loads of kids that were there, it was a great place!

Casa Loma for more info.

Unfortunately there isn't a cache nearby. Have fun with your visit! Say hello to the Flamingos in the Zoo for me.

Thanks for the info.

On my last two mini-trips, I asked geocachers in the area for suggestions. Both times they responded with good stuff.

I am still looking for that must do cache for my daughter. She will be 9 next week. The zoo was her birthday wish, the caches are extra icing.

Enjoy

Ron