Found Caches On Map Is Missing

FeatheredFriends

I am having trouble with my "found caches" missing on the maps since 05/09/05. All prior caches have the red check mark on the maps but since the ninth it does not display on the maps anymore. The strange thing is when I go to the list pages the red check are visible. Is there any way to get these back ? Has anyone else had these problems ?

I am having this problem as well, and also sometimes caches that I have NOT found do not show up. Actually, I get the red check, but when I do an identify, many caches dont show up. And then other times when I 'map it', some caches dont show up UNTIL I do an identify.

Frustrating...

It's been this way for a while: in the New Orleans area also. Not just found caches, but unfound traditional caches on the northshore don't display any icons.

Also noticed this when trying to view Nashville to show a local other areas' cache density.

There have been a few threads on it, some notes that a process was being run to update them etc.

Given that I find the zooming and everything kind of unresponsive on the maps here, I've taken to just using PQs, GSAK and MapPoint for mapping.

On May 29th, I completed a few caches. Since then I have gone back into “My Account Details” on GC.com and used the map in the upper right-hand corner to check other caches in the area. I found the caches completed a week ago do not have red check marks for being completed. If I select to identify these caches, details show them to have been previously completed with big red check marks.

My question, how long does it the map to correctly match the details? :)

I was wondering how long does it take for the map to show new finds with the "found" check-mark. I understand it sometimes takes a few days for this to update, but should it be taking longer than a week?

It's variable and unpredictable. I believe Jeremy is now manually starting the update process because of problems with the automated update.

Recently it seems that he updates these check marks early in the week. My finds from 8/4 were updated sometime around 8/9 (I think).

I have finds from 8/17 that haven't updated yet. If that went two weeks, I'd probably start to worry.

How long does it take to update?

Variable and unpredictable. :laughing:

Two weeks does seem too long. Sometimes Jeremy notices a thread like this and announces that he's started to update.

I don't know that we've ever been told an "official" way to report problems like this, but you might consider contacting customer support about this...