Loging In

Shadow's

Why is it that I can log into the main sight and the site shows that I am loged in but then If I go to a persons profile to send them a message or go to a link of a cache page or other things like this, I have to log in again and it will not save my log in. It does this every time

Do any of you have this problem? moving from one part of the site to another and being ask to log in again? Any one know what causes this? I click Cookies each time and It auto logs me in when I first come in to the board so what gives?

Go to the top right of a page on GC.

You'll either see

you are logged in as fly46 [log out] or

you are not logged in [log in]

Click to log in.. (if you're logged in, log out and then do this)

Then it will give you a place for your user name and a place for your password and then under that it will have a checkbox to remember you/for cookies. Make sure you check that when you log in.

If it still doesn't work, go to tools>internet options (assuming you use IE) and then it will give you a place to delete your cookies... Delete them and then try the log in process again.

Ok let me try again.

I hace a cookie for this site and it works. It will keep me loged in BUT after I am in and it shows that I am loged in, I can go to a post that links me to another post in her or go to a persons post to send a message to them and it tells me that I must log in to do this. I then can go back to the main page and it shows I am loged in already.

My ? is why does it show that I am loged out when I go to these things and when I log in there and check the cookie box why does it not remember?

Hope that explains the problem better.

Thanks

Ok let me try again.

I hace a cookie for this site and it works.  It will keep me loged in BUT after I am in and it shows that I am loged in, I can go to a post that links me to another post in her or go to a persons post to send a message to them and it tells me that I must log in to do this.  I then can go back to the main page and it shows I am loged in already. 

My ? is why does it show that I am loged out when I go to these things and when I log in there and check the cookie box why does it not remember?

Hope that explains the problem better.

Thanks

The site where the forums are located is Groundspeak.com and not geocaching.com. It sounds as if you are saying that you are having trouble with the Groundspeak.com site and not the geocaching.com site. Is this right, or are you have problems with both Groundspeak.com and geocaching.com.

Edited to fix cApItAlIzAtIoN.

Edited by Bushwhacked Glenn