Metroguide 4.01 Autorouting On 60cs

mtnc

Yes, it has been tried and it does "work" in as much as it will route you to your destination. Be advised that such routes may have errors such as going the wrong way down a one-way street. When I tried it, I put in three known routes and each one came up with significant errors in the turn-by-turn directions such as turning from one street onto a PARALLEL street without first turning onto the perpendicular street first.

After trying those three routes, I opted for the recommended City Select maps and never looked back! Also, those version 4 maps are about 3 or 4 years old by now.

My advice: don't waste your money! Go ahead and do it right the first time by getting the City Select maps ;)

Edited by Neo_Geo

I use Metroguide 4 on a Garmin GPSmap 60CS and it works just fine. I've not had a problem with it although the maps are a little dated.

I got a used Metroguide 4 off of Ebay about 6 months ago. My reasoning was that I could spend $40 and try the maps and autorouting. I figured that if I didn't like it, I could sell it on Ebay for about what I paid for it (minus shipping). If I did like it, then I could load the maps into a Vista, and a GPSmap 162 as well as the autorouting GPSmap 60CS.

As it turns out, I like it alot.

That being said, I would think that you'd be happier with City Select V6 unless saving $60 is real important or you've got more than one mapping Garmin unit that you want to load the maps into.

Beware - I did hear somewhere on this site that someone was selling bootlegged copies of Metroguide rather than the original CD.

edited for spelling only

Edited by Rubberhead